Antistatic fabrics are designed to prevent ESD effect when working with electronics, high-explosive vapours or super-clean lab works. Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) appears when two materials contact each other and then separate. It discharges with a spark when you touch a metallic (conductive) piece.his effect might damage electronic schemes, precision machines and even cause an explosion of gas. To prevent ESD and discharge static electricity in the air, antistatic fibres are woven into the fabric.
We use carbon antistatic fibres, made by Belltron (Japan). You can notice them in a checked pattern on the surface of our CleanStatic fabrics.
We produce one 110gsm 100% polyester anti-static fabric, two poly-cotton anti-static fabrics: 180gsm and 240gsm and 255gsm cotton-rich water-repellent anti-static fabric.
- CleanStatic-110 Poly, CleanStatic-180 TC and CleanStatic-240 TC are used for Cleanrooms antistatic clothing, assembling of electronics and car painting workshops.
- Hydra-255 is best in petroleum/oil industries, due to its oil-resistant property.
- CleanStatic polyester fabric has Abrasion resistance > 10’000 cycles.
- Cleanstatic polycotton fabrics are more durable. They have decent Abrasion resistance (> 20’000 cycles), high colourfastness (4-5) and shrinkage value (<3% after 5 washes at 60ºC).
- All XM Anti-Static fabrics have been tested and certified according to EN 61340‐5‐1 (Protection of electronic devices from electrostatic) or EN 1149 (Electrostatic properties) at international laboratory BTTG (UK).